Tuesday, July 1, 2008

Half Way There

Welcome July! Today marks the first day of the second half of the year. Is it just me, or is this year flying by already?


I ran this morning. Actually took it outside. Nice for a change. I haven't done that in a long time. Temps were pleasant, but I think today is the last day for that.

There is no activity with my tomato plants. They don't look yellow anymore, but there are little brown dots on some of the leaves. Just on a few of them, not many. It must surely be a bug of some sort, although I don't see any critters on it. How long does it take to get a tomato? My excitement for this project is waning. Maybe I haven't waited long enough. Maybe I'm not a gardener after all. But good grief. It's just 2 little tomato plants -- I can't even grow one stupid tomato?!?!? What are these little spots?



Today's bloggie doggie picture is brought to you by Gauge who is lobbying to change his name to "I Ate A Cardboard Box And I Am So Proud Of Myself."

4 Wanna' ramble too?:

Anonymous said...

Brown spots are from some insect, and you may never see it. It normally takes about 60 days to produce a tomato. Quicker results if you just go to Agricenter. Ripley tomatoes are there and very good!!!
ILY

Anonymous said...

SIXTY DAYS!?!?!?!?

Anonymous said...

YEP - Because of the illness that is depleting the bee population, we will not have fruits, veggies and flowers as we have had in the past. Not sure that has reached our area yet.
And yesterday they were transporting thousands of bees and the truck wrecked and bees went everywhere. That may not have been a bad thing.

Anonymous said...

He was VERY proud of himself!!!!!