Saturday, August 23, 2008

Wrappin' it up

Happy Saturday. All my peeps are still sleeping this quiet Saturday morning. The Bloggie Doggie got up with me. He's an early riser. He's definitely a morning doggie. Always full of energy. Just ready to get the doggie day started. Oh wait, maybe not. A live non- action view of the Bloggie Doggie from my chair....


Here's a nice shot of Jordan and the Bloggie Doggie paying a tribute to the Chinese gymnasts:

Yes people, we're at the end of the Olympics. I just hate that. But there is lots more to watch today and tomorrow. A very nice summary here on ESPN.com. (Heads up, I think the times listed are Beijing times.) But basically, it's men's and women's basketball gold, men's and women's volleyball gold, men's marathon, men's water polo gold. Now, I really hope we win gold in all those things, but especially the men's volleyball since the US coach is the one whose FIL was killed in that attack. His wife has returned to the US with his MIL. Bob Costas interviewed him last night. Their matches have been very close, so it should be very exciting and emotional to watch. And, apparently, the fact that the US is playing for the gold in water polo is very surprising in the water polo world. I guess we were the underdog and managed some upsets. I had it on last night and it wasn't close because we whipped somebody 11-5 or something like that. It is fun to watch, although it is a bit hard to take it seriously when they have those swim caps tied with bows under their chins. We take on Hungary, who is the defending two-time Olympic champ. I also heard that water polo is their national sport. That's kind of weird sounding to me, but just makes it threatening to our US gold. So you can see there is still lots of excitement remaining during our last 2 days. And then we still get to see the closing ceremonies which I'm sure won't leave us disappointed.

What on earth will I post about after the Olympics????......

Enjoy your Saturday people.

2 Wanna' ramble too?:

Anonymous said...

I heard this morning that the closing ceremonies will be like nothing we have ever seen before. How can they top the opening ceremonies? And we may miss some of it.
ILY

Anonymous said...

college football, baby!!!!!