Friday, September 5, 2008

Flashback Friday

Before.....





After....



Yes, that's the same dog. Yes, that's the same truck.

This is the season of my life where I am juggling 834 balls (soccer & volley) between practices & games for two kids at multiple locations. (And trying to catch as many games as possible for Niece M. and Nephew T. -- so throw in a football and an additional volleyball.) Plus managing everything else life has to offer including homework, tests, projects, church work, housework, laundry, etc (All this on top of my putting in 40 hours of work at my 'real' job). And all I'm really hoping for is that the spelling words get done, some form of dinner gets cooked, and the kids show up at their appropriate practice with the appropriate gear on. I'll even let the underwear slide for Cooper as long as he has on his cleats and shin guards…..

It is so very easy for me to get overwhelmed, frustrated and anxious. My type A personality shines through during times like this. It shines so much it is often blinding. I have to work very hard to stay focused on the immediate task at hand and that day's activities. Otherwise, I will lock myself in the bathroom crying my eyes out eating ice cream directly out of the container not handle it well.

I know that, sooner than I expect or really want, the kids will be grown and gone. And I will be wishing for louder days with more activity and ballgame schedules carefully plotted on an excel spreadsheet. I will actually miss the loud music coming out of Jordan's room (did I really just say that?) and Cooper chasing the Bloggie Doggie with a pirate sword (I can't believe I really said that.)

So, as wild and nutty as it gets. And as many colors as I have to use on my calendar to remember who goes where when, I have to remember to stay grounded and really just enjoy every crazy, on-the-go minute that we have. Because really, all it boils down to is "Am I making memories?" Or am I setting my kids up for future therapy.... ha ha.

Deep breath…...

Enjoy every minute of your day people - no matter what you're doing!

Song of the day -
These are days you’ll remember
Never before and never since, I promise
Will the whole world be warm as this
And as you feel it,
You’ll know it’s true
That you are blessed and lucky
It’s true that you
Are touched by something
That will grow and bloom in you
~10,000 Maniacs "These Are the Days"

3 Wanna' ramble too?:

Anonymous said...

I am SO glad that you took time for a "deep breath" - you need several to keep up with all of that. Yes - all too soon the kiddos will be grown & gone - and then you have time for MANY deep breaths. Enjoy your youth!
We Love You
AL & UN

Anonymous said...

so I may be EXTRA hormonal right now, but I LOVE THAT SONG. I'm crying...for only the 80th time today.

Anonymous said...

It won't be long before Baby Bingette is off to some dance recital or college or her honeymoon or....STOP AND ENJOY - even at 2am when she isn't very happy.