Tuesday, December 23, 2008

Joy to the World

Cooper was busy with a project last night. He was coloring and cutting and gathering supplies, and singing "Joy to the World" with "custom lyrics" while he ran around the house working. He would occasionally ask for some help with the computer or looking for a hole puncher. I really wasn't paying too much attention to what he was doing. (He was making just enough recognizable noise for me to know he wasn't getting into too much trouble!)

Then he brought me these...


And asked me to put them here...


Just like this....




He was very specific about the order that they hang. Insistent that the angel be highest, then the star, then the baby Jesus.

And when he was finished, he stepped back and looked at it and said in his little six-year old voice, "That's puhfect."

And as I type these words this morning, I am crying again, just like I did last night....

His "little porch" is becoming quite festive, isn't it?

Jerry was a bit hard to find this morning. But I finally spotted him on the shelf in my kitchen.

It's Christmas Eve Eve! I'm sure you are all very busy doing your cooking and last minute shopping and just getting everything all ready. Enjoy your day people, whatever you are doing!

1 Wanna' ramble too?:

Anonymous said...

brought tears to my eyes, too. I surely am glad he is my grandson. He has a very bright future.