Monday, February 1, 2010

Some Ice. Still Nice.

Well, we didn't get Iceapalooza 2010.

We didn't even get a foot of snow.

We did get about 3/4" of ice (After it sleeted All. Day. Long). With a tiny dusting of snow on top.

But it was enough to give us a nice, relaxed, very cozy, three-day weekend.

So no complaints.

And it was actually very, very pretty. See?




Yesterday the sun came out and was shining on the icy trees. Just gorgeous. I only got one little picture. But I'll share...




Oh - and on Saturday, Cooper and the other neighborhood boys cleaned off the neighbor's driveway.



Wasn't that sweet?



Guess what they did with all the ice?


Gives a whole new definition to being "iced in".



And finally congrats to the winners of the General Mill cereal coupons....

Doreen

Kearsie

Susan

Yea!! Ladies, be on the look out for an email from moi!

6 Wanna' ramble too?:

JuJu said...

I love the pictures! I hope you stayed warm and cozzzzzzy.

w said...

man. i didn't win. kinda breaks my heart.

also. all that ice just makes me want to say ... "hold on. promise me! promise me, rose! never let go!" and sing the titanic song.

Just Mom said...

Yes, ice can be nice. Except when you have to go somewhere, like down your driveway to slide to the mailbox. :-D

Beautiful photos.

Kearsie said...

Yay! I won! I won!!

Cathy said...

Sometimes I really envy you guys that get snow and ice. We never get any where I live. It barely ever gets below 70.
Those ice pictures are so beautiful!

Anonymous said...

Keep posting stuff like this i really like it