Monday, June 30, 2008

Kicking off a short work week

Facing this Monday morning isn't too bad since it's a short work week. We did accomplish quite a bit over the weekend so that's good news too. I still have many things to do over the next few days, but as usual, it will all either get done, or it will not have mattered anyway. Jodi did a ton of work while I was at my meeting on Saturday. (He's trying to head off the breakdown.....)


I did my Fit Yum Mum workout this morning. Those intervals kick my rear that's for sure, but it does feel good. The lunges were a bit better this morning and I was determined not to let the planks beat me. Overall, very nice workout.

Today's Bloggie Doggie picture was taken by Cooper yesterday. He took the picture, gave Gauge a big hug and said "I love you so much I could eat you with a fork."




Want a peek into Jordan's world? I can sum it up in three words. The. Jonas. Brothers. This is a picture of her wall.....pretty much anything coming out of her mouth these days centers around those three guys.



Here's a note I found she had written on her desk calendar "Look at posters and figure out a way to get all on without showing wall. Hard." Seems to have done a fine job with that based on the picture above. I agree with an earlier post by Connie - why did we paint? Oh well. Keeps her off the streets.....



Even though most of my world continues the same during the summer, it's so nice to have the break from school. I love the relaxed schedule for my kids. The sense of "nothing to do all day" for them. Their freedom does give us more time to be together to play games or watch movies together. (We are really enjoying trying to solve our Nancy Drew mystery computer game right now!) I seem to have more time to read in the summer too and I love that. The mornings, since everybody sleeps in, are long and quiet for me. No rush to get everybody up and ready and out the door. Our days and nights are nice and relaxed and lazy. Keeps me from completely going over the edge....I love the sounds of summer too. The sprinklers and the air conditioners and the bugs at night. Hope you are enjoying your summer too!

And.....39 days until the Olympics begin! I cannot wait!!!

2 Wanna' ramble too?:

Anonymous said...

I always wondered why we painted those walls and carpeted those two rooms. They were always covered with clothes, books, etc. The only thing that seems to change is the "hero" that is postered over the walls. A teenagers life is way too busy to have time for maintenance work. Mammaw used to tell me that they are just in a stage. She didn't tell me that there would be another stage after that -----. They should enjoy every day, as all too soon, they will be getting up, going to work and wondering whey they painted the walls. Before you know it the house is empty and there are no sounds of laughter, tears, or "MOM" "Dad" -They will have a home of their own, going to work and wondering why they painted those walls. It is all gone with the wind - no pun intended.
I wouldn't trade those memories for anything.
ILY
MOM

Anonymous said...

I love the Jonas Brothers!!!! as if you couldn't tell!!!
- quess who!!!