Wednesday, July 16, 2008

Hump Day

OK, so it's finally Hump Day. Thank goodness. This week hasn't been too bad. It's just our schedule is a little nutty. The Captain gets back Friday night. But then heads out again on Sunday and will be back on Wednesday. We're hanging in there and things are clicking along. I'm even marking some things off my to-do list which is always pure joy.

On this day in 1999, John F. Kennedy, Jr. and his wife and sis-in-law were killed in a plane crash. In a way, that doesn't seem like that long ago, but in another way, it seems like ages ago. I remember where I was when I heard this. I was on an alumni business trip with UT in Mackinac Island, Michigan at the Grand Hotel (the hotel where the movie Somewhere in Time was filmed). We had taken a tiny little plane to land on the island a few days before - and I wasn't too keen on doing that in the first place. Then the day after the crash, had to get back on the tiny little plane to head back home. I think the guy I travelled with still has scars on his arms where I nervously clawed him all the way home.


The Bloggie Doggie is still struggling with some stomach issues. I think he eats his food too fast, and the throws it up. I've fed him just a few pieces of kibble at a time and it seems to be working. Although his little nose still feels warm and dry. Poor doggie.


I feel shick.














They are calling last night's All Star Game the New York Marathon. I didn't stick with it until the end. It went until 12:37 am central time. Remember they were playing in NY, so it was 1:37 am before they finished - that's crazy.) It went 15 innings - longest game ever. They went through 23 pitchers - that's TOTALLY crazy.

And according to espn.com: It was mind-warping to behold all the records this game had left in its wake: Longest game ever (290 minutes). Most runners left on base ever (28). Most players in a box score ever (63). Most pitchers in an All-Star box score ever (23). Even most strikeouts ever (34) -- and we remind you that once upon a time, in another Bronx era, a Yankee Stadium icon named Joe DiMaggio never struck out more than 39 times in any season.

My boyfriend went 1 for 3. He did steal 2nd base early in the game - first inning maybe. I heart that guy.

I just read this on people.com and I really don't know how to take it.
The new hair cut, the slightly fuller figure. Eva Longoria Parker is citing her Desperate Housewives character needs as the reason for her new look. According to her personal rep, Eva is reflecting a change in her on-screen character Gabrielle — who goes from her usual sex kitten to an over-worked housewife with kids in season five. “She’s making herself look like that as her character has let herself go. Gabrielle has gained weight and cut her hair,” Liza Anderson tells PEOPLE of Longoria Parker’s character. “She’s a worn out mother with two kids.” PS - I don't even watch that show.

Have a good Hump Day people.

0 Wanna' ramble too?: