Wednesday, July 2, 2008

Once upon a time, there were three little girls who went to the police academy



Cheryl Ladd is eating birthday cake today. She is (are you ready for this?) 57. I used to love LOVE LOVE Charlie's Angels. Connie and I thought we *were* Charlie's Angels. We would play Charlie's Angels while we were playing outside on our bikes. We didn't always get to watch it because it came on Wednesday nights at 9pm which was our bedtime. So we could only watch it if it was a holiday or we were sick or something. Although I remember vividly one night they were forecasting snow overnight and Mom let us stay up to watch it because it seemed like a sure thing we wouldn't be going to school the next day. Daddy loved Jaclyn Smith. I loved Farrah Fawcett. What 12 year old girl didn't want Farrah Hair? She was even married in REAL LIFE to the Six Million Dollar Man. (Remember that?) Your trivia question for the day: Can you remember (WITHOUT GOOGLING!) what the Angels' names (4 of them) were on the show? 1,000 bonus points if you remember the connection between Farrah Fawcett and Cheryl Ladd.



Watch this and see if this doesn't bring back memories. Especially that music. Man, I loved that show.







For my intervals today, I used the incline rather than speed. It really wasn't fun - but it's not supposed to be. My hate for hills has not changed at all. I probably used a whole new set of muscles today so I'm wondering how long it will take before I start feeling this morning's challenge.

Gauge uses his two front paws like hands. It's totally bizarre to watch him do it. He looks like a cat or a raccoon or something sometimes. He will lay on his back and hold a toy with his paws and play with it. It's weird looking. But he's a sweet puppy. And he loves playing with his toys. He wanted me to tell you to notice the new mop that he got in celebration of the upcoming Independence Day holiday.


5 Wanna' ramble too?:

Anonymous said...

Dad also "loved" Angie Dickinson - hmmm-, Wonder Woman, and Dorothy Hamil, to name a few. One time Dorothy Hamil came to town and he was very disappointed when he came home that evening and found out she hadn't called him while she was here - ha

Anonymous said...

Oh, yes and Ann Margaret. Remember when Elvis died, Bro. Bradley preached his funeral and Jimmy sat beside her, but didn't know who she was. He was all goggle eyed. Wonder if he remembers that>

Anonymous said...

Kris, Kelley and SAbrina....nobody wanted to be SAbrina when we played...too bad....

Anonymous said...

OK, Connie remembered. I bet she can still sing those commercials she would sing in the bathtub every night,too ---

Anonymous said...

Who are they??????? That music reminded me ofmy old Nancy Drew movies!!