Monday, August 4, 2008

Monday Monday

The Brett Favre beat goes on. He was reinstated yesterday, added back to the Packers roster, and reports to training camp today. There are some reports that he will compete for his job, but unspecified if it's the starting QB role or a back up. What a wild ride this has been. And definitely a distraction for the Packers team. Especially when Favre shows up at training camp. There have been some very clever headlines on the sports pages though - and you know how I love those. "Favre From Over", "Say Cheese", "Back in the Pack", and "Touchdown in Green Bay". Stay tuned people...


I have been working on some changes to my blog. So bear with me while "Me and My Good Life" undergoes some elective surgery. Sometimes, you may be so lucky as to see a whole new layout. Like last night. But then I decided I didn't like it, so I switched it back. Anyhoo, there may be some things that I add or take away. So don't be surprised if one day you see something and the next day you don't. Always open to comments so let me know what you think...

Celebrating birthdays today are Dylan and Cole Sprouse. You may know them better as Zack and Cody from "The Suite Life" on Disney Channel. Or, if your life is very peaceful, you won't have any idea who I'm talking about....lucky you. Regardless, they are 16 today. I'm surprised they are that old.

High today 100. Heat indes 103-109. UGH. I noticed yesterday we were suddenly under an "Excessive Heat Warning" and I wondered what the difference was between that and the usual "Heat Advisory". A little email to my favorite weather guy got me this explanation: "when the heat index exceeds 110, a heat warning is issued". That's your weather lesson for today. Still, no matter how we slice it, it is H.O.T.

The Bloggie Doggie can have the entire bed, yet he chooses to lay on the pile of clean laundry.

Welcome to a new week people. Have a good one.

2 Wanna' ramble too?:

Anonymous said...

That's funny...Maggie lays on the clean laundry too...guess they would rather it smell...

We start football practice today in the Heat Warning...yippeeee....

Anonymous said...

Hydrate or die.