Tuesday, September 30, 2008

Greetings from the Infirmary

So the Captain returned from his weekend hunting trip. He didn't bring home a deer. He did bring home a raging sore throat and a 103.2 fever. Ummmm, no thanks. I had been fighting a little head cold over the weekend and was really ready for him to get home last night so I could 'be sick' for a few hours. But then he shows up with this nutty virus. His sky-high fever and red throat definitely trump my stuffy nose. (You would think by now that I would have learned that Moms can't be sick....Oh well, I tried.) I have quarantined him to the bedroom and won't let the kids go in there. We are leaving Saturday morning for Disney World for fall break. Not only does he need to get better, but nobody else needs to be getting sick. Poor Captain. He feels pretty crummy. Every time he exhales, I spray Lysol at him. I spray down the phone, the TV remote, his blackberry....everything. TSSSSSSSSSSSS.......

I'm worried about one of us getting sick. So I'm cramming vitamin C down everybody's throat. We're washing hands like crazy. I'm fretting about the chance of rain. So I'm checking forecasts. I'm driving my poor weatherman friend nuts asking for Orlando weather info. I'm panicking about my list of things to do. I have list after list after list....I have so much to do this week to get ready to go. It is hard for me, Miss Type A, to just stop and not worry about these things. It is so easy for me to get swallowed up by my big "list of issues". All my worries. Most of which can't even be helped. Just a few days ago I read in my devo book about "trusting in God and refusing to worry". Oh how easy to type, but harder to live. It went on to say "Of all of God's creatures, only humans can anticipate future events. This ability is a blessing, but it becomes a curse whenever it is misused. If you use your mind to worry about tomorrow, you cloak yourself in dark unbelief." It's so obvious, isn't it? But boy is it hard to live that way. I need to step back and take a deep breath (just nowhere near the Captain) and realize it will all be just fine.

See, even the Bloggie Doggie isn't worrying this morning...


Have a good - worry free - day people!


Song of the Day -
Don't worry about a thing,
cause every little thing
gonna be all right.
Singin: don't worry about a thing,
cause every little thing gonna be all right!
Rise up this mornin,
Smiled with the risin sun,
Three little birds
Pitch by my doorstep
Singin sweet songs
Of melodies pure and true,
Sayin, this is my message to you-ou-ou
~Bob Marley "Three Little Birds"

1 Wanna' ramble too?:

Anonymous said...

Just take a DEEP breath and remember the song "Don't worry - be happy". Sorry to hear that the boss is sick - you all do have to get well & stay well for Disneyworld.
Wish you could have heard our sermon Sun about "worry" - we need to be reminded of that - OFTEN.
Love Ya!
AL & UN