Friday, October 24, 2008

Flashback Friday

It's FRIDAY! And also Flashback Friday. Here's the Bloggie Doggie striking a pose with his tennis ball.







World Series Game 2: Phillies 2 -- Rays 4 - The Rays got three of their four runs without a ball leaving the infield.

Remember the little debaucle when I washed a crayon in the laundry? I still have not learned to ALWAYS check the pockets. Sometimes I do and sometimes I don't. Regardless, here is a sampling of some things I have found in pockets, in the washer, and in the dryer....

I was thinking this morning about all the things I need to get done today and tomorrow. All the things on my to do list, all the places we've got to be, everything that just needs to be done. It's a crazy schedule for us tonight and tomorrow. I was firing off a few email. I was thinking that since Connie's computer crashed and she doesn't have internet, that we haven't communicated as much in the last week or so. I was wondering if I had time to get to the ATM and get some gas before I woke the kids up for school. I was checking for missed calls and texts on my cell phone. I was trying to decide if I should get the gift for the birthday party that Cooper is invited to this afternoon during lunch or after work. I was feeling guilty for sleeping in today and not hitting the treadmill. I was reading sports and news headlines on the internet. I was wondering if Jordan's volleyball uniform that she needs for tonight's game has been washed. I was making grocery lists in my mind. I was posting to my Twitter. And then I read my devo for today. And it said this:

Learn to unwind whenever possible, resting in the Presence of your Shepherd. This electronic age keeps My children "wired" much of the time, too tense to find Me in the midst of their moments. I built into your very being the need for rest. How twisted the world has become when people feel guilty about meeting this basic need! How much time and energy they waste by being always on the go, rather than taking time to seek My direction for their lives.

Enough said.

Find a green pasture and have a restful weekend people.

1 Wanna' ramble too?:

Anonymous said...

You really are in a hurry. Mrs. Donaldson would really use her red pen today. But, I am not going to tell her. And, anyway, it is YOUR blog and you can use commas or not use them anywhere you want. ha
ILY