Monday, November 10, 2008

It's not easy being green

So I want to paint my kitchen. I have been wanting to do this forever. But I hate to paint. So I put it off. And put it off. And put it off.

Finally, Connie coerced me into doing it. Connie loves to paint. She is sick that way. "Let's just do it! JUST. PAINT." she finally ended up screaming to me on the phone last week. "Meet me at Lowe's. We'll get paint chips and pick a color."

Step One. Pick a color. Sounds easy enough right?

I want something green. Greeny-brownish-green. Makes perfect sense to me.

There are hundreds thousands of shades of greeny-brownish-green.

How do I pick? They all sound and look lovely.

And my choices are endless....

Maybe I should go with a food? Olive, Avocado, Pickle, Jalapeno Pepper....

How about something in the herb family? Sage, Cilantro, Bayleaf, Dill (your choice of Dill, Chopped Dill or Dillweed)....

Maybe something more in tune with the land? Rolling Praire, Open Plain, Rough Terrain, Dry Earth...

Flora? Tree Moss, Willow Tree, Cactus...

Or fauna? Grasshopper, Leapfrog, Gecko...

So right now there are no fewer than fifteen green paint chips taped all over my kitchen. I've moved them all around. By the cabinet. By the counter. By the trim. In the sunlight. Away from the sunlight. With the lights on. With the lights off.

I must decide.

Friday we paint.

2 Wanna' ramble too?:

Anonymous said...

I think we should rule out "Gecko"....start taping baby...it's a paint party!!! Anybody else in???
: )

Anonymous said...

I am still trying to decide on a "green" for our bathrooms - so I know what you are going through. Already have the shower curtain - have to coordinate with that.
Good luck and have fun!
AL & UN