Wednesday, November 5, 2008

The morning after the day before

I am thankful....

....that we live in a country where we can help select our leaders. That is a freedom and a blessing.

....that there was a clear-cut decision and this process isn't going to be drug out for weeks and weeks.

....that there was no violence or riots after the final results....That the Captain got to come home. And stay home.

....that I voted for my beliefs, not my pocketbook.

....that I am proud of my vote and I will not have voter's remorse at any time during the next four years.

....that I could turn off the TV when I saw Jesse Jackson and Oprah Winfrey crying.

....that I was able to explain a little bit of the election process and the whole liberal/conservative thing to my kids.

....that Jordan was excited when she said, "Not the next election, but the NEXT election, I can vote!!!"

....that I didn't have to wear those stilleto-heeled boots that Anne Curry had on all night long. Ouch!

....that it's all just over.

....that regardless of how it has ended up, America is still the greatest country in the world.

....that more importantly, regardless of how it ended, God is still in control. Read Psalm 27.


OK, enough about that. The election is over. Time to embrace the change, support the new leader, and move on.

The Bloggie Doggie is still not feeling well. Not going to get into the details of it people, but let's just say it was a very long night. Very. Long. Night. He asked that I share a picture from the Bloggie Doggie archives this morning since he isn't looking his best today.

Happy Hump Day people. Peace out.

1 Wanna' ramble too?:

Unknown said...

Well said!! Tom