Monday, January 26, 2009

Monday Miscellany

A few thoughts for you on this lovely Monday morning....

Go Tigers Go! Another nail biter for the Tigers. They pulled off a win over Tennessee on Saturday. I'm telling you - I'm way too old for these kind of finishes. But as I get older, it is evident to anyone watching the game with me that I also handle these close calls better. I was pacing, screaming, almost puking, practically peeing in my pants, hollering, nearly crying watching the final minutes of the game very calmly, occasionally clapping very lady-like and just quietly rooting for my Tigers. How about Antonio's pull-up 35-footer at the halftime buzzer?! ANTONIOOOOOOOOOOOO! From downtown! For threeeeeeeeeeeeee! Tyreke clinched the win at the end with the free throw and the *intentional* miss. The announcers made me sick. I am so tired of their Tiger-hating, bias-commentating, no Memphis love-showing selves. More than once I told them to shut up. The Captain said "They are just stating the truth. The Tigers can't make their free throws. Their percentages are low. They aren't hitting their baskets. Tyreke is in foul trouble." Blah blah blah. I *might* have told him to shut up too. Anyhoo, what a game it was. Go Tigers Go! I love you Tigers, but I sure would appreciate a larger margin of victory.

Who believes this? Ty, Inc. has made two dolls named Sweet Sasha and Magnificent Malia, but "there's nothing on the dolls that refers to the Obama girls." They chose the names because they are "beautiful names". Hmmmmm, what a coincidence they are the exact same names as the First Daughters. Take a look. Yeah, right.

It's almost February. And you know what that means! Science Fair!! Jordan and her friend completed their science fair project this weekend. "Which pain reliever dissolves quickest in water?" It was hard for me and my Type A self to just try to sit back and let them do this their way. After all, it is their project. But I caught myself thinking I would have used a different font, I would have picked a different color to print the report, I would have inserted some tables & graphs, I would have resized the headers. But I kept my big mouth shut, let them do their project, and then admired their great results. They did a really good job. (And, in case you are wondering, generic ibuprofen dissolves wayyyy quicker than brand name....Who woulda' thought?)

OK people. That's what you get from me today. All of that blah blah blah up there, and a picture of the Bloggie Doggie who is *very* proud of this ball. He carries it around everywhere.

Have a happy Monday and a great week!

0 Wanna' ramble too?: