Tuesday, April 7, 2009

Battle of the 'Birds

Saturday was a beautiful day in Memphis! (Remember Saturday? That was the day it was almost eighty degrees. That was right before it turned FREEZING COLD?!?!)

(I feel a little obligated to talk about how pretty it was last weekend since I wrote a hate letter to The Weather Guy yesterday. And he reads my blog. And he commented. But he gave us a free weather lesson. Thank you Weather Guy for the free weather lesson! See people!?!? You never know what you'll learn when you read this blog. It's just amazing. You're welcome.)

Cooper had a ball game Saturday morning. He hit a triple and had 2 RBIs. Yes he did. And yes it was actually just a five foot bunt, but he still ended up with a triple and 2 RBIs. And that's what the box score would show. Yes it would. If they kept a box score in 1st grade baseball. Which they don't. And I would love to show you some cute pictures of him in his little batting helmet and uniform, but I don't post pictures of my kids on my blog. So you'll have to just take my word for it that he was adorable. OK, the end.

Saturday afternoon we headed downtown to AutoZone Park to watch the Memphis Redbirds take on the St. Louis Cardinals. (And congrats to the Redbirds and AutoZone Park which was named the country's number one minor league park by Baseball America magazine. They called it the "Taj Mahal of minor league baseball". It really is a great ball park. First class.)



The Budweiser Clysdales were there! See......



And Albert Pujols too!!



Here he is trotting back to the dugout before the game after the ... What's that called?....If it were football it would be the coin toss....Not sure what that little pre-game rendezvous is called in baseball...We'll just call it the captain's meeting ok? Anyway, here he is after the captain's meeting. Hey Albie!!! Woooo Hoooo!!! Up here! In Section 107!!!!! Wooooo Albieeeeee!!



Here's Tony La Russa. Yep, there he is looking all Managery. In a uniform....don't get me started.....


And then I saw the Redbirds guy who I work with on all my marketing partnerships. And he invited us up to the Redbirds Suite. Sweet.
My kids are now spoiled for the rest of the games this entire season as they will be expecting 4" shrimp and chocolate covered strawberries at every game. Ummmmm, no. Have some peanuts.




Time for the Seventh Inning Stretch...Take me out to the ball game...




And even though the Redbirds lost, everybody left smiling. It was a great day to be at the ballpark. It's one of my favorite places in the city. Good times people. Good times.

Peace out people.

0 Wanna' ramble too?: