Friday, May 29, 2009

The End. And The Beginning.

I'm just gonna' go ahead and 'fess up right now. I will cry today. There is no way I will get through today without doing it. So pass the Kleenix.

Today Jordan (and Nephew T.) will graduate from 6th grade. Yes, with a ceremony and everything. With all the Pomp. And the Circumstance too.

And they are going to play the graduation song - you know the one - "Dah dah-dah-dah dah dah....dah dah-dah-dah dah....." (I'm tearing up right now.)

The end of her elementary days are over. O-ver.

Next year she'll be in 7th grade. A Junior High School Student. On a brand new campus. The "big school". Heaven help me.

These years have just scurried by. So hard to believe.

And days like today - the last day of school and a graduation ceremony - just make it that more obvious that my kids are getting older. It's just such an obvious in-my-face reminder that one more year has passed. Cooper wraps up first grade today. First. Grade. He will turn seven in a week. SEVEN. Jordan and Nephew T. headed to Junior High School. Niece M. will be a fr-- fre-- fr--- fresh ---- I can't even bring myself to say it. All my peeps are getting big. Like serious big. What happened? Somebody stop the time train. I want off.

So today after all the fun graduation ceremony activities, the 6th grade class will have a cookout, then they are going to a lock-in at a local "fun center". Until 2am. Yes, I said 2am. As in t-w-o in the morning. A parent must accompany. I drew the short straw. So did Connie. She and I will be playing miniature golf and eating pizza at midnight tonight. And trying to keep each other awake. Let's just say it's been a looooonnnnnng time since I've seen 2am. The last time may have involved a newborn baby and a bottle. ZZZZZZZZZZzzzzzzzzzzzzzz.

It's going to be a great day. I just hope that I can make it through graduation without making those snorty, sobbing noises or having snot drip out of my nose.

3 Wanna' ramble too?:

Nanny said...

Grandson looked so handsome as he went on the stage with his Bible in his hand to read the scripture. Do we have a preacher in the making? Granddaughter looked beautiful as she introduced the speaker. So proud - only wish their grandfather could have been in the audience.

angie128 said...

Who are we kidding?! He had the best seat in the house! :)

Plus, Jordan had a picture of him in her pocket!

JuJu said...

Bless you. You need to save this post for them both to read when they are adults. (complete with Nanny's comment)
Now, how much snot was there???