Wednesday, May 27, 2009

It's so corny

On Monday we went to Connie's house for a little Memorial Day feast. There was a lot of serious eating going on.

I brought this very total yumm-o thing that really has no name. I usually call it the "Cold Corn Tomato Cavender's Thing". Isn't that a very fancy gourmet name? I'm sure Food Network will be calling me very soon to offer me my own show... This little recipe is so good and so easy.

Introducing the cast of characters:




First, a few cans of this....and yes, it must be shoepeg not just regular yellow corn, because yes, it makes all the difference in the world....






Then you need a bunch of these fellas'....oh that's funny....a bunch ... Get it? Am I the only one who thinks this is funny? Ok, moving along.... Chop them up.



Then add some of these little guys. Yum. Cut these precious babies in half.




Next add a little bit of this. Don't ask me how much because I don't know. Maybe three tablespoons or so... It's not supposed to be all creamy, so it doesn't need much mayo. Plus, I hate mayo. But I love this salad. Go figure.



And now for the star of the show. I heart this stuff. YUM YUM YUM. The recipe says just a few teaspoons. But I shake and shake and shake ....


Then just mix it all up. See, I told you it was easy.


It's best if you make it a day ahead to let the flavors marry... there I go again, throwing fancy food words around and obviously being the perfect candidate for the next Food Network show....


I'm telling you people - it's just soooo good.

Wanna' taste?



(And, if you are wondering if we can possibly eat all those apples in the background, the answer is YES.)

2 Wanna' ramble too?:

JuJu said...

It looks delicious. You mixed all my favorites in one bowl!

bingmama said...

well, look at your pretty little food demonstration! I think you should start a recipe section!

P.S. I made the corn sald too and also put it in my yellow Wms Sonoma bowl! OH Tween....