Monday, May 25, 2009

New week. New look.

We interrupt this blog for a little facelift. Do you like?

The extra long weekend was great, great, great.

The weekend's weather was weird, weird,weird? Rain. Then sun. Then rain. Then sun. Then rain AND sun. Then thunder. Then sun. Then thunder AND sun. The clouds and sky looked odd all weekend too. Total. Nuts.

We went to Connie's house yesterday and ate like pigs. Yes we did. Yummy smoked pork shoulder. Beans, potato salad, corn salad, slaw, homemade ice cream (two freezers even!) Yum yum.

And we watched the Land of the Lost marathon on TV. And laughed our heads off. Yes we did. The so-called "special effects" looked like something from the 70's. Oh - wait....

The kids are still in school. Shoot me now. This is the last week. Two full days and two half days. Can we make it? It's real dicey people.

I hit the treadmill today for the first time since I broke my foot. And I must say, it felt pretty darn good.

Now back to our originally scheduled programming.

3 Wanna' ramble too?:

beckyjomama said...

LOVE your new bloggy cuteness!

JuJu said...

I love the new background, very groovy!
I wish I could have tasted that ice cream!
My favorite pic of the weekend was Bloggy Doggy with his food bowl!

connie said...

Guess the "Land of the Lost" was a metaphor for where my nutrition plan went...