Wednesday, August 12, 2009

I seem to have misplaced July

What happened to the summer?

June was so long and slow. Then I woke up and it was August. What happened?!? Seriously. What happened to July? Where did the summer go?!!?! We have just a few precious days left before the kids start school. Summer is over.

Let's take a moment to remember it.....

I drove Jordan to church for youth group stuff no less than 391,927 times. Not complaining here at all, because she has had a WONDERFUL summer getting plugged in and staying busy. I'm very thankful. But wowie. I made a lot of trips to and from church.

I have seen enough episodes of Scooby Doo, SpongeBob Squarepants and Phineas & Ferb to last about 3 years. (Speaking of SpongeBob....why does he live in a pineapple under the sea? Am I the only one that thinks that is stupid? Besides the fact that it's a show about a SPONGE??? Seriously. I don't get it.)

I have heard enough Taylor Swift and Miley Cyrus to last another 3 years. Yes, you belong with me. And yes, it's the climb. OK. I got it. Move along girls.

Cooper discovered golf. And became obsessed.

Jordan discovered Facebook. And became obsessed.

We had our share of sunburn, mosquito bites, freeze pops and trips to Dairy Queen.

We played Uno & Blink & lots of Wii.

Jordan stayed up VERY late every night and slept VERY late every morning. Sister's got her a rude awakening coming her way in a few days.

Jordan discovered the joys of that thing called SUMMER READING. Hardy-har-har.

It was lazy. It was crazy. It was wonderful.

And it's over. Let us all stop for a moment of silence.

Goodbye summer. You served us well. See you next year.


5 Wanna' ramble too?:

Gretchen said...

Thanks for the encouraging comment.
Your blog is very refreshing. LOVE the background and colors!

Wishing you the best as you get back into the swing of things and school schedule =)

w said...

i remember this one summer. when i got my first real six string. i bought it at the five and dime. i played it 'til my fingers bled. man. that was the summer of '69.

beckyjomama said...

Girl ... you do make me smile!

JuJu said...

Don't forget that Spiderman got into some BIG trouble.

Momma Roar said...

So glad we're not the only ones you misplaced July...I wish Nick could misplace SpongeBob!