Monday, January 25, 2010

The Urge to Purge

Maybe it's the arrival of the new year.

And trying to get the house back in some sort of order after the holidays.

But I have been a purging fool lately.

I cleaned out my closet on Friday night because I have no life over the weekend.

I threw away 4 bags of stuff and gave away 9 bags of clothes.

I may or may not have still been keeping the dress I wore to my rehearsal dinner.

The Captain and I will celebrate our 16th wedding anniversary next month.

Don't judge.

I would never wear it again anyway.

Because I can't fit into it it's not fashionable anymore.

I've cleaned out junk drawers and linen closets.

It is best to throw things away when my kids are not home. Because suddenly that plastic talking monkey kids' meal toy that hasn't seen the light of day in eighteen months because it's in the bottom of a toy bucket becomes the coolest, most favorite toy ever. Yeah, right.

If you come to see me, you'd better not sit still for long. I'm liable to put you in a bag and take you to the Good Will place.

3 Wanna' ramble too?:

w said...

*if* i come see you? so... that's an invite, right? i'm back to eating bacon, so i'll expect that for dinner.

i don't do so well in plastic bags. they tend to chafe.

i'll wear my rehearsal dress if you wear yours. except. i threw mine out years ago. so. i'll be wearing jeans.

Momma Roar said...

The urge to purge has been felt strongly in our house too!

Gotta make room for all the new spring fashions! ;-D

Kearsie said...

I am thoroughly convinced that mating happens in the toy box at night whilst everyone is asleep. Because I know I didn't buy all that junk. Or maybe I did and I have toy amnesia.