Monday, March 1, 2010

Now what?

The flame is extinguished. The Olympics are over. I am sad.

Wow there was some great Olympic-y stuff over the weekend. Did you watch?

Yes, we watched the gold medal game of men's curling. Between Canada and Norway. (It is imperative that I show you the fabulous Norwegian curling pants again. One, because they are worthy. Two, because I discovered my link was broken on Friday. I was devastated. So here they are in all their argyle glory. We need some of these don't you think?!?)

Toward the end of the game, when it was evident that Canada would win the gold, the entire arena started singing the Canada National Anthem. And all the curler player guys just stood there and listened until the anthem was over. That was kind of neat. I think the Canadian anthem is quite pretty actually.

Except I didn't think it was so lovely yesterday at the men's hockey game. Where Canada beat USA. In overtime. Wow. What a game that was. A heart-stopping, heart-racing, heart-breaking game.

Who knows what we'll watch now that the Olympic games are over. Idol maybe. College hoops for sure. I am the only person in the universe who doesn't watch The Office or Lost. Yes, I know that's hard to believe. Please don't think less of me.

In the meantime, if anybody knows what happened to February, please let me know. Because apparently today is March 1.

Peace out people.

5 Wanna' ramble too?:

connie said...

The kids and I think the Canadian National Anthem closely resembles the Anthem for Genovia, from Princess Diaries..

KaseysKrazyMommy said...

Nope... you're not alone... I don't watch Lost or the Office either... but I did watch a lot of the Olympics, and I think that is what happened to February!

That hockey game was quite a heartbreaker! However, my husband is a former hockey player and he said that as much as he hated to admit it, Canada had a better team and did deserve to win. I don't know... I am a total hockey dummy.

I guess it's back to The Biggest Loser for me.

JuJu said...

I don't watch The Office or Lost either. Gimme re-runs of SVU baby!

I must say, that was some hockey game. My heart broke for the USA goalie. Bless him.

And, I LOVE the argyle pants!

w said...

hasn't it been over for like a week now?

Just Mom said...

I'm going to miss curling.

btw ... You are not the only person who doesn't watch The Office or Lost. I don't watch Idol either.