Monday, May 3, 2010

Blame it on the rain

I don't even know if I can put in words how stormy and how rainy it was this weekend.

Because it stormed all weekend.

And rained all weekend.

And the storm sirens wailed all weekend.

And the weather guys were on TV all weekend.

And our weather radio beeped all weekend.

It was nuts. My little rain gauge (yes, I have a rain gauge) showed about 7" of rain. And believe me when I tell you, that is nothing compared to other areas of the city. Like 10-12" of rain in parts. There is some major flooding going on here. Oh and poor Nashville - have you seen all that? What an awful mess.

And during all this, Cooper had his baseball game on Saturday morning. In the gym. I didn't want to go. I didn't want to go. I didn't want to go. We were almost there when we fell back under a tornado warning. Cue the sirens. And cue the panic attack. Because I did NOT want to be in a gym. And Jordan was home alone so Connie ran over to get her so she wouldn't have to be in the storm closet by herself. (Thanks Connie!) I kept an eye on the radar and read tweets about the location of the current storm and got update texts from Connie and Bingmama and tried not to hyperventilate. Cause I have issues. But it was all ok and everybody made it home safely.

We put the kids in the closet one time over the weekend. Maybe Saturday night or early Sunday morning. I honestly can't remember because all this stormy stuff has all run together. Cooper barely woke up and then said "Well that was boring" once we guided him back to bed. Jordan swears she was in there over 2 hours. She must have dozed off too because they were only in there about 15 minutes.

All this the rain did something weird to the Captain. It made him clean out some closets. And he even (Are ready for this?! I hope you are sitting down...) THREW SOME THINGS AWAY. The Captain is a pack rat and never throws anything away tends to save a few things. But man, he was throwing stuff out like crazy. I don't know what possessed him. He was totally outta' control.

Two straight nights of very little sleep made for a very sleepy me. So yesterday afternoon I was able to sleep for two hours take a little nap. Partner that with an I Love Lucy marathon on the Hallmark Channel and it was pure bliss.

At times I think I am still hearing the storm sirens. Weird.

And last night, when the rain had finally moved out and we were guaranteed a dry and non-weather alarm beeping night, what did the Captain and I do? We turned on the thunderstorm app on the iPhone and went to sleep to the sound of rain. Because we are total weirdos.

That about sums it up for the weekend. Honestly, it was so stormy and rainy all we did was watch the weather. Oh and I played a little Words with Friends. And finally finished reading a book.

And today we will see the sun.

Amen.

3 Wanna' ramble too?:

w said...

i don't like rain. the weather people lie to me all the time. those 2 statements are true.

what did he throw out? was it something i would want?

JuJu said...

I was worried about you guys when watching the weather. I know that must have been scary as all get up. I'm glad it's over for now!!

So, what do you think of the book?

JuJu said...

Angie-about the book: the first few chapters kind of drag with a bunch of historical junk. Hang in there. Once it gets going, it really gets going!!