Friday, May 21, 2010

It's just not right.

Today I am sad.

I am sick.

Sad and sick.

Four policemen were shot. Two fatally.

Read all about it here if you want to.

My heart hurts.

My stomach hurts.

You've heard it a thousand times....Law enforcement officials put their lives on the line every day to protect their citizens....And sometimes it sounds so trite. And oversaid. But it's true.

These men were just doing their job. Their job.

And a traffic stop turned into a shoot out.

And two police officers are dead.

The Captain came home last night.

He came HOME.

HE came home.

And I wept.

Pray for the protection of your policemen. Please? Thanks.

"...that no weapon forged against you may prevail..."

~ Isaiah 54:17

3 Wanna' ramble too?:

JuJu said...

My thoughts are with you, your family, and the families of these policemen.

Svee said...

Angie,
My thoughts and prayers are with these families and their fellow officers. My husband is also a police officer and I sometimes forget how dangerous the job really is. I just always assume he will come home like always. When something like this happens it is a reminder that they put their lives on the line everyday. All police officers need our prayers for their safety daily. My prayers are with you and your family.

Busy Mom said...

I was sick when I saw the news. Prayers for everyone.