Thursday, December 30, 2010

SOMEBODY needs a pill.

Jordan is still recovering from having her wisdom teeth out on Monday.

The Captain and I went back to work yesterday and left the kids home alone for a few hours. Which we do anyway at times.

But not usually when one of them is less than 48 hours post-op. And on pain meds.

Is it wrong to leave an eight-year old in charge of dispensing narcotics to his teenage sister?

"Coop, at 9 o'clock, Scooby Doo comes on. And at 10 o'clock, give Jordan this little white pill right here."

I got home early afternoon and discovered that the Bloggie Doggie had strewn the contents of my bathroom trash can all over the den.

Jordan was half asleep and mumbling something about steak at Lupe's, a little Mexican restaurant in Houston.

And I noticed Cooper's toy handcuffs on the table.

I'm not sure if they were for The Doped Up Chipmunk or for the Bloggie Doggie.

I didn't ask any questions.

Because I really did not want to know the answer.

Ignoranceville is a lovely place.

One day, I will take up permanent residence there.

In the meantime, I'm heating up hot compresses, dosing out meds, and fixing soft foods for Fat Cheeks.

Ice cream anyone?

0 Wanna' ramble too?: