Tuesday, January 18, 2011

Chops and secret cats

Last night eating dinner...

Cooper: "Mom, I hate to burst your bubble, but these pork chops are chewy."

Not that I had been bragging on my pork chops. Because I hadn't been.

But before dinner when he was whining that heeeeeeee didnnnnnnnnnn't liiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiike porrrrrrrrrrrk choppppppppsssssssssss, I assured him that he would, that they would be yummy, that he has had them before, and that he loved them.

And I told him if he didn't like them, I would give him a dollar.

He countered with ten dollars.

That's when I called him a goober.

He ate all but three bites of the pork chop before he "burst my bubble", declared them chewy, and then asked for his dollar.

For the record, I did not give him a dollar.

And, my chops were not chewy.


In other news, today is my Mommy's birthday! Happy Birthday Mommy! She will celebrate by getting her broken shoulder blade x-ray'd at the doctor's office. Connie and I are going to take her to lunch too. Did you know that, Mom? Wait -- Was that supposed to be a surprise? Ooops. Well, the cat's out of the bag now. Surprise, Mom! We're taking you to lunch!

What on earth does that mean? The cat's out of the bag..... Like when is a cat in a bag a big secret? Not like it would just sit there and be all quiet or anything.

Oh dear....these are the things that drive me nuts. And I will start talking to the Captain about them. And he will just look at me and say, "You're weird."

I need meds.

OK, I've derailed.....

As usual.....

Peace. Out.

1 Wanna' ramble too?:

JuJu said...

That boy is always thinking.

Happy Birthday to your mother! And, I found the perfect nail shade for Cooper the other day.

:-)