Friday, March 11, 2011

Like

So I pulled the ol' Barbie dolls out since they resurfaced while we were cleaning out the attic.

Connie and I used to really play us some Barbies.

Just looking at the cases makes me feel all warm and fuzzy...




Now, way back in the 70's, the decor of this room was beyond cool. And I'd like you to take special note of the homemade lamp on the little table. Yes, it's a spool and a nut cup. Barbie Creativity at its finest.



Barbie with the wild hair wearing the glittery gold evening gown and her lovely brown coat with white fur. I think Mom actually made that little dress. Yes, she used to sew Barbie clothes for us. And that used to be a Barbie Pet Poodle but now it looks like a Barbie Pet Llama.


Sleeping on the blow up bed in the Mom-made sleeping bag.


Good times, people. Good times.

If you need me this weekend, I'll be at a volleyball tournament. But you probably already figured that out.
Ciao!

4 Wanna' ramble too?:

Anonymous said...

and we used Daddy's penny loafers as cars...and pushed them through the house...seriously.**sniff**

mom said...

And the alligator would come whizzing by. I can see it all now -
Warm memories that I don't
want to go away.

Unknown said...

You mean the decor of that room isn't cool now?

My sister had the Barbie airplane, by the way. Your pictures reminded me of that.

JuJu said...

Okay, I so love love love this. You just took me back to the day.
I used to make a Barbie bed out of the Velveeta cheese box. Perfect size!!

Your mom sewed some stylish clothes Ang! Awesome!