Thursday, May 5, 2011

Today

Stepping out of my comfort zone today.

I'm going with a few folks from church down to Smithville, Mississippi to help in the tornado relief efforts.

It's not like we are going to be digging through debris or stuff like that. We'll be working at the church there cooking and helping and passing out items and such.

I'm excited.

I'm also so anxious. I'm scared to actually SEE the devastation down there. Apparently this little town took a big hit and most of the town is gone. Yeah. The town. Is gone.

Connie is going too. And, Jordan has begged to go with us. So we are pulling her out of school today. Really felt like this was greater than school. One of those life lesson things.

So, off we go.

Prayers wouldn't be wasted on us today.

6 Wanna' ramble too?:

Momma Roar said...

Sounds like a wonderful opportunity. What a blessing you will be.

Busy Mom said...

It will be great for everyone, let us know how it goes.

JuJu said...

Oh, good for you. What a great lesson to teach your child.

I hope it goes well. I'll be thinking of you and of the poor town you're helping.

Cameron and Rachel said...

So proud of Jordan for stepping up and you too!!
Hope all goes well!!

KaseysKrazyMommy said...

Absolutely! Prayers to you and all the people who have been devastated by these awful storms!

Unknown said...

I'm praying for all of you and the good work you are doing! A little kindness can go a long way in situations such as that, as you know.