Monday, August 15, 2011

Awkward times a thousand

So Saturday we went to the Captain's family reunion thingy. Well, it was really a high school graduation party for (stay with me) the Captain's mother's cousin's kid's kid. Anyhoo, it was in SmallTown, Missouri.

And the day was filled with awkwardness. Including, but not limited to, these events:

Apparently I get carsick when I ride on the 3rd row of an SUV barrelling down the bumpy interstate. Who knew?

I called somebody a grandmother when she was really an aunt.

A man changed a baby's diaper - TWICE - on the dinner table.

In attendance was a woman wearing a shirt with a bedazzled frog on it.

They turned off the lights and turned on the disco ball at 3pm.

Somebody thought I was the Captain's daughter.

And, Jordan told 104,967 people, "Yes, I'm tall. Yes, I'm only 14."

Other than that, it was a fine day.

In other news, my newborn baby starts fourth grade today. How on earth did that happen?

Jordan doesn't start until tomorrow and will spend her last day of summer at a PT appointment, volleyball practice, and finishing up that Day Before School Starts Summer Reading.

Back to School. Bring it.


2 Wanna' ramble too?:

Unknown said...

We used to have family reunions. And some of our more, um, "rural" family members were always pretty interesting. Maybe we should have another one - I could use some entertainment.

JuJu said...

I hope you got the pattern for that bedazzled frog so you you can make some for all your relatives for Christmas???

Man oh man. I would have loved to have been a fly on the wall.