Monday, December 5, 2011

home sweet home

This weekend, Cooper had his first birthday party sleep over invitation from a friend down the street. Off he went for a night of laser tag and bowling. Carrying his sleeping bag. And a little bit of my heart too.

And at 10:15, the doorbell rang. "Just came to tell y'all goodnight..."

And at 10:30, the doorbell rang again. "My stomach hurts."

And at 10:45, the doorbell rang again. "I just got to thinking about how much I was going to miss sleeping in my own room."

And he came home.

And that was fine with me.

2 Wanna' ramble too?:

JuJu said...

Awwww.
Taylor went through this phase for a few years. She'd be all gung ho when she left, but she'd be home at midnight during every sleepover.

awww.

KaseysKrazyMommy said...

I had a friend sleep over once when I was about 5 or so. She woke up in the middle of the night and walked home (it was only 2 doors away) without waking a single person in the house. My mom got up to check on us and she was gone! The worst part was, the other mom didn't call to let my mom know that she was at home. PANIC! Needless to say, I don't remember another sleepover for a LONG time after that.