Tuesday, May 22, 2012

Behold, the fold.

Coop got a new Geo-Gami book which will enable you to "create multidimensional geometric origami."  I'm not real sure what that means since they lost me at "create."

In a typical bedtime stall technique, he wanted to make one last night...

So he and the Captain got out the paper and the book and decided on "a simple one since it's almost bedtime."

They picked the fluted diamond.

Sounds simple enough.

About two folds into it, the Captain requested his glasses.   That's never good.

About two more folds into it, the Captain started pretending like he was  getting important police messages on his phone.

So I took over the folding.

Lift. Fold. Turn over. Open. Fold the left. Flatten.  Unfold.  Lift. Fold the right.

Wait what?

Cooper's interested waivered between the fluted diamond geo-gami and the American Ninja Warrior show.

Finally.  The thing was complete.   Maybe.

Then the book said,  "Make a second module identical to the first."

And the mother said, "We will finish this tomorrow."

So tonight I will begin phase two of the fluted diamond construction.

Stay tuned.

2 Wanna' ramble too?:

JuJu said...

This hurts my head just thinking about it. Is the swan out of style these days?

Lap Dog Knits said...

I can't properly fold the corners of my sheets so there's little chance I could do this...
hope you'll post the results..

love your dog...oh sooo cute!