Friday, May 18, 2012

behold, my brilliance

Needed to order a banner for a sponsorship thing I'm doing at work.

And it needed to be 2.5' x 12'.

Easy enough.

So I email the banner guy and ask him to make a banner that's 2.5' x 12'.

He emails me back with this info:

 
"The banner material actually comes 38" tall. I can cut the material down to 30" tall, but the cost would stay the same."
 
No problem about the price.
 
But that 30"?  Hmmmmm.  Not sure about that.
 
So I email him again:
 
"The space won't support the 30" -- could it be cut down to 2.5'?"
 
Yes, I did.
 
I am so smart.
 
I didn't even catch my lapse in mathematical judgment until his reply:
 
"2.5' is 30"."
 
Ohhhh, why yes, yes it is.
 
Obviously, I'm now looking for a new banner guy since I won't be able to show my face in that place again.
 
 

2 Wanna' ramble too?:

JuJu said...

It's the "new math" that did this to us when we were in school Angie. It's not your fault.

Unknown said...

Always good to give the banner guy a test to see if he knows what he is talking about. Looks like he passed.