Thursday, February 28, 2013

Toner and cards and going away parties and stuff

Yes, that was me in WalMart last night at 9:50 buying toner for the printer so Jordan could finish a project and paper due today.

And I was doing this fast walk scuttle combo to move quickly to the back of the store to the Printer Toner Department because I thought the store closed at 10:00.

Only to find out later they are open 24 hours a day.

So I really just looked stupid.

Which is the way it is most of the time anyway.

So there's that.

In other news, Coop's interest in magic has resurfaced.  Specifically card tricks.  Now, I'll admit there are a few of them that have me quite intrigued.  But some others require a little work.  Like when he says "OK, close your eyes for a second." Probably not too much magic involved in that.  But, anyway, we've had lots and Lots and LOTS of "This is an ordinary deck, right?  OK, pick a card.  Any card."   He's hilarious.

His main concern is learning how to shuffle, because, "Mom, how can I be a magician if I can't shuffle."

I also taught him how to play Solitaire.  He loves it.  But he also wants me and the Captain to play with him.  Which is fine - I love playing with him.  I just find it slightly amusing when he says, "Come play Solitaire with me!"

Work is still filled with high levels of crazy right now.  And this week has worn me slick.  Plus, my back hurts and I've been using a heating pad like a Mamaw. 

But, tomorrow is Friday and the week is almost over, so we have that going for us.

Just saw that today is the Pope's last day.  Wonder if they'll have a going away party for him with a big cake and "We'll miss you" balloons.  Then he leaves his key and ID badge with HR and heads on out.  "Bye y'all!"

OK, I'm done.

Bye.

2 Wanna' ramble too?:

JuJu said...

Would there be dancing girls at the Pope's going away party?

Colleen said...

Hmmm interesting thoughts! I was just upset to hear he could no longer wear what the news called his red Prada pumps..