Tuesday, July 15, 2008

Isn't that a fine how do you do?

I finally caved and went down to get my tibia xrayed. And it does appear there is a stress fracture. The only way to be 100% sure and get a better image is with an MRI. And I'm just not going to do that. If something does appear on an xray, it's usually a stress fracture that has begun to heal since it will not show up initially on an xray. So, there's no telling how long I've had this. And getting an MRI will not change what it is or what I'm going to do about it.

He didn't tell me to wear a boot (hooray for that!), but did recommend no high impact activity for at least 6 weeks. Hmmmmm. No running *or* walking. And I guess I'm ok with that. It's not like this affects my marathon training or my Olympic trials. Because neither of those are happening. And at least now I know. And now I can lay off for awhile so it can heal and not get any worse.

The bad thing is that I am into week four of my Fit Yum Mum and was thinking about possibly maybe actually enjoying the intervals. What's a girl to do? He said I could to other activities like biking or eliptical or swimming, but none of those are all that convenient. I don't have a bike or an eliptical. Although maybe I could use something down in PT. But that may not be real conducive to my schedule or all that convenient. And it's not like I can go jump in my pool. I'd have to blow it up first.

So, it looks like I'm going to be doing my Fit Yum Mum exercises without the intervals (guess that will still work), some Pilates, and some work on my exer-ball. I'm going to have to figure something out because I can't go 6 weeks without doing *any* cardio at all.

But at least now I know. And that's all I wanted.

Pooey.

1 Wanna' ramble too?:

Anonymous said...

I have a bike if you want it, but sometimes it is nice to have an excuse to NOT do something - Not your fault, so just enjoy the "vacation" It will be good for you.
ILY