Thursday, July 24, 2008

My 100th Post...So you think you know me?

We interrupt our regular blogging to bring you....(cue drumroll and bugle fanfare please) my 100th post! I have discovered that many bloggers celebrate this monumental occasion by a special post. 100 Things About Me. I really gave it some thought as to whether I wanted to do it or not. It doesn't seem very humble. A little self-serving perhaps? Or just totally weird. I wasn't sure about it. Then I started wondering if I could actually come up with 100 things about me. And I did. Kind of. And I'll be honest, it was even harder than I thought it was gonna' be. Anyway, here it goes. 100 Things About Me.

1. I eat nuts, but not mixed in my food.
2. I am double jointed in my right big toe.
3. I do not like iced tea.
4. I love Law & Order.
5. I got glasses in 4th grade.
6. I got contacts in 8th grade.
7. I am legally blind without one of these.
8. Derek Jeter is my boyfriend.
9. I have a huge crush on Christopher Meloni (Eliott on Law & Order)
10. My husband knows about both of these affairs.
11. I hate mushrooms.
12. I once sang the 'Name Game' song with Eddie Money.
13. My blood type is A+
14. I love University of Memphis basketball.
15. I love University of Arkansas football.
16. I can't whistle.
17. I sleep on my stomach.
18. I have driven a Camry for 14 years (but not the same one).
19. I'm a weather junkie.
20. I really, really, really don't like cats.
21. I am addicted to peppermint Chapstick.
22. I don't eat any food that ends in '-ese' (Chinese, Japanese, etc.)
23. I can't drive a stick shift.
24. I would rather cook than bake.
25. I do the crossword puzzle every day.
26. In pen.
27. My ultimate guilty pleasure is reading in the bathtub.
28. Every time I am allowed to take an uninterrupted bath, I feel like I need to call my mother to apologize for interrupting her bath when I was a kid.
29. I love all sports except hockey, golf and professional basketball.
30. I have a huge fear of going to the dentist.
31. Even though I really love my dentist.
32. I love candles. I light one every night.
33. I would rather read than watch TV.
34. I love cheese.
35. I have a mild (ok, maybe moderate) case of OCD.
36. I met my husband at church.
37. I cry a lot.
38. I am an Aquarius.
39. I love coffee.
40. My all time favorite show is I Love Lucy.
41. I graduated college in three years.
42. I took bowling as one of my required PE's and almost failed. I wouldn't have been allowed to graduate if I had made an F. I squeaked by with a C.
43. It was the only C I've ever made in my life.
44. I can't parallel park.
45. I am obsessed with index cards.
46. If I had time (and didn't want the extra laundry), I would change my sheets every day.
47. I always choose vanilla over chocolate.
48. I lather and rinse but do not repeat.
49. Christmas music makes me cry.
50. I love to make lists.
51. If I accomplish something during the day that wasn't on my list, I write it on my list and then mark it off.
52. I love a rainy day when it's so dark you have to have the lamps on.
53. I go to Target more than once a week.
54. I shave my legs every day.
55. In first grade I fell while rollerskating and had to get 7 stitches in my chin.
56. My first boyfriend was the trumpet player in our high school band.
57. He broke up with me and started dating my best friend.
58. My favorite candy is Hot Tamales and Lemon Heads.
59. I get up at 4am almost every day.
60. I never had an Easy Bake oven as a kid.
61. After my daughter got one, I realized it wasn't such a big deal after all.
62. I have only gotten one speeding ticket.
63. I have talked myself out of two others.
64. My first job was at a tanning salon.
65. I bought a small yellow lamp with my first paycheck.
66. I have to go to sleep before my husband does or I freak out. I make him watch TV until I'm asleep.
67. I'm an obsessive e-mail checker.
68. I can't tell you the last time I put on pantyhose.
69. Once when I was about 18, I had my hair colored. It was very, very bad. It turned out orange. I looked like Pippi Longstocking.
70. I have never colored my hair since.
71. My first car was a Camaro.
72. That cracks me up now when I think about it.
73. Because I was not cool in high school.
74. I was the person whose notes you wanted if you missed class.
75. I was so shy in high school, I hardly spoke to anybody outside my little circle.
76. I think my entire graduating class thought I was a deaf mute.
77. Now I will talk to anybody anywhere. Anybody. Anywhere.
78. I make my grocery list in the same order of the aisles at the store.
79. I wish I knew how to keep a box score for a baseball game.
80. I hate the song Hotel California.
81. My favorite colors are red and lime green.
82. I have two friends that I have known for over 20 years that I still talk to on a weekly basis.
83. Sometimes I think I am having some hybrid of a nervous breakdown and a panic attack.
84. I joke with my husband about it, but I'm usually serious.
85. I'm surprised he's stuck with me this long.
86. I'm totally not his type. Well, maybe now, because it's too late to do anything about it. But when we met and started dating, I wasn't.
87. In first grade, I ate too many Butterfinger candy bars and threw up. I haven't eaten one since.
88. I think it's stupid that baseball coaches are actually called managers and they wear uniforms. With a number on them.
89. My dream job would be an author.
90. My favorite dessert is banana pudding. My mother makes the best ever.
91. I ran a marathon!!!
92. I'm addicted to the internet.
93. My perfect vacation is anywhere on the beach.
94. I love being a mother.
95. I don't send Christmas cards.
96. I really didn't like strawberries, Coke or pizza until I was about 13 years old.
97. I will forever be an advocate for the Leukemia Society. I've helped raise over $11,000 for that organization.
98. I'm obsessed with the news.
99. I can wiggle my nose but not my ears.
100. I keep my toenails painted year round.


So there you have it people. More about me than you wanted to know. Or maybe no surprises. You should try it yourself. I promise it's not as easy as it sounds.

3 Wanna' ramble too?:

Anonymous said...

Where is the Bloggie Doggie - I look for him every day. I LOL at #28 and had a "thank-you" smile at
#90.
ILY

Anonymous said...

I can't whistle either...is that hereditary?

Anonymous said...

No, Dad and I both can whistle - sorry