Thursday, July 24, 2008

Rock Removal

Here at work, they are replacing or repairing or doing something to the roof. To do whatever it is they are doing, they have to remove all the rocks from the roof. They have this huge industrial vacuum thing that is sucking the rocks off the roof and blowing them down into a truck. It looks something like this:


I was able to get a pretty good view of this thing in action this morning since they were working on a section of the roof right outside a window down the hall. I have come to several realizations about this little process:

  • These guys have a very dirty job. Yuk.
  • These guys have a very loud job. It's loud in here. I can't imagine what it's like out there.
  • These guys have a very hot job. Especially in temps like we've had lately.
  • I'm glad I have a job that is inside in the A/C.
  • I need one of those vacuum things to suck up toys from my den and blow then back in the kids' rooms.

3 Wanna' ramble too?:

Anonymous said...

How dirty is it? We should TOTALLY call Mike Rowe....I will be more than happy to pick him up at the airport... ;)

Anonymous said...

Oh shoot!!! Why didn't I think of that!?!? I heart him.

Anonymous said...

Good - Angie gets Ranger, Connie gets Mike Rowe, so that leaves Morelli for me. Isn't fiction wonderful - but mike is for real