Tuesday, August 12, 2008

A great day at the Wallie

This afternoon on my way home I stopped by the Wallie World. I rarely frequent this shopping mecca, as I'm partial to Target, but I was on the hunt for a few specific things that I knew only this fine shopping institution would have. Little did I know it would become a trip full of great things.

First of all, I got a parking place THREE SPOTS FROM THE DOOR. Unheard of.

Then I found these great treasures.

This great plate stand was only $6.86.




Then I saw this cutie cute little wire basket. They only wanted $5.88 for this little guy.

Right now he is living on my kitchen table like this. We'll see if he's happy there.




And THEN I saw these uber cute pumpkins for $3.97 each. That's a steal I tell you. I know it's a bit early to be thinking about fall decorations, but love decorating for the holidays. And these are perfect because I can keep them out from Halloween until after Thanksgiving (since they are not jack-o-lanterns) In fact, I may go back and get some more because they would be cute on my mantle or on the bookcase in my kitchen. Did I mention they were only $3.97 each?!?




I just realized you can't tell how big the pumpkins are, so I propped a ball point pen against it for reference. They really are good size.




So Cooper was messing with the plate stand and said "Hey Mom this is cool! Did you know it did this?"




Well, I had taken a good look at it and examined it and didn't even REALIZE that it did that of course I knew that. I wouldn't have even looked twice at it if it didn't do that. Because what good is a plate stand if it doesn't rotate out like that? I just wanted to see how long it would take my very intelligent 6-year old to figure it out. He's smart. Just like his mother.


I loaded up all my treasures in my buggy and I head to the dreaded checkout where you can never get out of there in less than 30 minutes. And what do you think happened? I walked right up to the checker with no waiting. There was no line, no waiting. No. Line. No. Waiting. Unbelievable.

It was a great day at the Wallie. And, it's never too early to buy a pumpkin people.

2 Wanna' ramble too?:

Anonymous said...

Just think - if you were not working and could go to Wallie World (all of the time) - how much fun & how many bargains you would find! Cooper would really have a VERY LARGE time - as your Daddy would say.
Love ya
AL & UN

Anonymous said...

I've thought about the whole "if I wasn't working I could shop all the time" concept. However, I always find a small hitch to that...if I weren't working I wouldn't have any money!!! Problem.