Thursday, October 2, 2008

Economics...do ya' care?

The week is moving along. That's a good thing and a bad thing. Good because we are one step closer to our vacation. Bad because I'm running out of time to get all my to-do's done.

The Captain may be a little better. He was back in the bed when we got home from church. I think the kids believe he really may be dead or dying. Or maybe they think he's not even in there at all. They insist on turning on the overhead light to look at him "We just want to SEE him." Anyhoo, I hope today brings improvement for him. We were talking to some friends at church last night (who are MAJOR Disney fanatics) and talking about how the Captain is sick and how he really needs to get better. And I said "Yep, because we sure will miss him next week in Disney." Just kidding Captain. Get well please.

While I'm a news junkie, I'm not necessarily a political junkie. So I don't really understand, or get into, the whole Dow Jones market, stocks, the price of crude oil, all that stuff. I don't know the difference between Ben Bernanke and Henry Paulson. In fact, I really don't even know who they are. And I'm kind of ok with that. But I know enough to know that America is in a world of hurt right now and our economy is really in poor shape. I have talked to friends who range in levels of interest. From those who really don't care about what's going on, to those who have cashed their CDs and are stashing large amounts of cash in a secret undisclosed location. Gas prices are rising. The Dow is falling. The fall of the American economy is looming. Has it impacted you? Are you concerned? Does it keep you awake at night? Are you a Chicken Little or a Pollyanna? Tell me people -- Are you doing anything different in your life because of the state of our economy?




The Bloggie Doggie owns stock in Milk Bone. Eat more dog biscuits!

Make today a good one people! Peace out!

2 Wanna' ramble too?:

KookieKnows said...

Dear Angie,

You left out one thing in your survey and that is praying. --James 1:5

Who is responsible for this mess? Check this out:

http://theshepherdreport.blogspot.com/2008/10/give-this-11-minutes-before-you-vote.html

What should really be done that wouldn’t put our children and grandchildren in debt forever? Check this out:

http://www.daveramsey.com/etc/fed_bailout/

Leah Ann

Anonymous said...

Good points Leah Ann. Thanks for sharing.