Wednesday, October 1, 2008

Happy October!

Wow - hard to believe it is already October. This year seems to have flown. Only 85 more shopping days until Christmas. It's definitely feeling fallish this morning - we have temps in the 50's. Quite nice.

The Captain doesn't seem to be much better. He hasn't even gotten out of the bed. That's not a good sign. I will know that he is feeling better when he at least moves to his big chair in the den. We all continue to keep our distance. As is my custom, I'm spraying lots of Lysol. And are trying to be proactive in the 'healthy living' department, by loading up on vitamin C. I thought we were doing a pretty good job of that, until I found this:

Can't make it out? Let me explain. Those are Cooper's gummy vitamins stuck behind the cushion in the Captain's big chair. Guess he's just saving them for later....

The Bloggie Doggie usually sleeps by my feet while I'm on the computer in the morning. Like this:


or this....


or this....

But all of a sudden this morning, he jumped up and sat beside me. I couldn't figure out what had gotten his attention. Then I realized I was eating this:

He LOVES bananas. We don't feed the Bloggie Doggie any people food, but the Captain has taught him to catch a tiny piece of banana in his mouth (which usually the Captain has spit out of his mouth. It's a lovely trick). So whenever we peel a banana, dog comes running. I had even had some banana bread a few weeks ago and he smelled it.

Enjoy this pretty fall day people. And take some Vitamin C while you're at it.

3 Wanna' ramble too?:

Anonymous said...

I remember when I had a major surgery and you and Connie were staying with your aunt and uncle while I was in the hospital. She told me later she found the daily vitamins that you and Connie were suposed to be taking in her waste basket every day. Wonder where Cooper got that????

Anonymous said...

He must have gotten that from his aunt....

Anonymous said...

you say that when you know she can't respond right now. She may show up with a response - only in time - ha