Tuesday, October 28, 2008

Issues

We are a week away from the presidential election. I don't know about you, but I am ready to be done with this. I'm kind of tired of hearing all about it. Let's just do it and elect a new president and be finished.

I'm not going to turn this into a political forum. But it's my blog, so I can say whatever I want. I won't get on my soapbox and rant and rave, but these are my brief thoughts.

1. This election is not based on race. It's not right to vote for one candidate or NOT one candidate because of the color of his skin.

2. This election is not based on sex. Ditto above just because a candidate is a female.

3. There are huge issues here. And major differences of "liberal and conservative opinion". And, as Connie said one day, when we get to heaven, God is not going to ask us if we voted for the candidate that we liked the best, or voted for a candidate just because we don't like the other candidate. He is not going to ask us if we voted for the candidate that helped increase the value of our stock portfolio or gave us a greater tax break. He is going to ask us if we voted for the candidate who supports views that are Biblical. He is going to ask us if we voted AGAINST the candidate that supports the things that are detestable to Him. And as Christians, we have a responsibility to vote the way that God wants us to vote. Whoa....I almost got up on my soapbox there, but those things needed to be said.

4. I admit, I don't really like any of the candidates. I've heard people say "I don't like Candidate A, so I'm voting for Candidate B."

5. The next President will appoint several Supreme Court justices....think about that one for awhile. Scary.

Anyhoo, first of all I just encourage you people to VOTE. That is a wonderful right that we have in America. You should at least vote.

Are you still undecided? This is a great website here chock full of info about the candidates and their views. This page gives an overall look at their specific views on the issues (it's a great page), but you can also click further and find detailed info on each candidate. And it's not just presidential candidates, there's info on the senate and house too. Definitely worth a look. If you've already voted, but know someone on the fence, you should send them the link to that site.
Want one more interesting - and kind of fun - site? Connie sent me this one today. You've got to check it out. It lets you choose between statements made by McCain and Obama and then shows you who you should vote for.

OK, I think I'm done people.

0 Wanna' ramble too?: