Tuesday, November 25, 2008

I can taste it now...


It's probably going to be in my best interest to start a mini-fast to try to save up some calories so I can eat more on Thursday. Won't it be yummy? Kashi bars and Lean Cuisines for me from here on out. Not so yummy.

I love the turkey and the green bean casserole and the cranberries and all the other Thanksgiving foods. But my heart belongs to the dressing. And not just anybody's dressing. My mother's dressing. Yes, I'm a dressing snob.

Thanksgiving is at my house this year. Everybody is bringing something. My mom is bringing the turkey and the dressing. I've made a turkey and dressing before. The turkey, I can manage. The dressing, another story. It was okaaaaaaay. But just not like my mom's. Even though I followed her "non-recipe" exactly.

And it's a very simple "non-recipe". It's a cornbread dressing. It actually only has 5 ingredients. I think.... Well, maybe more if you count the herbs and spices. And it DOESN'T have some ingredients. Dressing rules: No eggs, no celery, no oysters, no cream of anything soup, not much sage.

It's just very simple. And it's just very good. And yes, it is good enough to have an entire blog post dedicated to it.

Man, I heart that stuff. And it just wouldn't be the same Thanksgiving if I didn't have my mom's dressing. I would - and often do - skip dessert just to have more dressing.

I'm getting excited right now thinking about it.

Mom, quit reading this blog and go make the dressing!!

That is, by far, my favorite food at Thanksgiving. What about you? What Thanksgiving dish makes your mouth water?


3 Wanna' ramble too?:

Anonymous said...

LOL - Thanks for that. The dry ingredients are ready and Tom is defrosting -
ILY

Anonymous said...

thanks for the sweet potato plug...haha just kidding!!

angie128 said...

It is option #3 on the poll.....Vote early and vote often