Wednesday, December 31, 2008

December 31...just another night

So here we are people. The last day of 2008. Can you believe it? It seems like it has gone by so fast. Yet again, parts of it seem to have gone slowly.

I was gonna' do this whole posty post about recapping 2008 and blah, blah, blah. But just decided not to do that. If you want to relive my year, just go back to the beginning of this blog right here. I actually started this blog in June so it's only six months old. Doesn't it feel like we've been together longer than that people? The first half of my year was filled with marathon training. Read all about that right here. (Can you believe it was only six months ago when I ran the marathon? Seems much longer than that....)

Anyhoo, we now have 2009 staring us in the face.

As the Captain and I have gotten older, our nights of ringing in the new year have become fewer. I do think last year we actually saw midnight. (My sister and her crew were over and we forced ourselves to stay up to watch this stupid motorcycle stunt jump or something.)

I now say what my parents used to say to me years ago, "It's just another night."

I now, am officially old.

Since today is Wednesday, we will go to church. Come home and watch a football game (which we will have to tivo since it kicks off while we are gone). Then go to bed. Jordan has a friend spending the night, so they may see midnight. (I think the Jonas Brothers are doing the Times Square thing. Won't that be at 11pm our time? Maybe I can see that).

But I don't expect to see 2009 until sometime tomorrow.

What about you? How will you spend New Year's Eve?

Happy New Year people!!

2 Wanna' ramble too?:

Anonymous said...

I'll most likely see it the same as you...from behind my eyelids!!

Anonymous said...

me,too, unless you count catching it in New York at 11 as the real thing. for that matter, guess we could catch it in Astralia and be done with it earlier in the day. ha - but, that takes us back to what Dad and I used to say - it's just another night.