Tuesday, December 30, 2008

Take Five

Five Things I Can't Do

Drive a stick shift -- Tried to learn how to do this in college. Never did it well. I guess if there was an emergency of some sort, I could get to where we needed to be. But no casual Sunday drive utilizing a standard transmission for me.

Whistle -- I can make a whistley type noise (even with several different notes) if I suck air in, but nothing comes out if I blow.

Eat Chinese food -- Major bad experience many years ago related to Chinese food, not caused by Chinese food. But the two situations shall forever be linked.

Kill a bug and be able to feel it -- I have to have enough paper towels to make it thick enough to not feel the bug while I am killing it. (If it's a very big bug or some other extremely scary insect thing, I have been known to put a cup on top of it, wherever said bug may be, and wait for the Captain to come home.)

Dive -- Just never could pull this off.


What about you? Wanna' share some of your "can't do's"??

5 Wanna' ramble too?:

Anonymous said...

Never have been able to dive either. Also could never do a cart wheel...something about getting these long legs over my head and such.

Also, cannot jump on a trampoline. Nieces had one and I tried. It was nothing but pure entertainment for those watching. VERY embarrassing....

Anonymous said...

The area of my brain that processes insurance data never developed. Don't do well with science either. Just give me numbers, numbers, numbers and I am in overdrive.

Anonymous said...

I can't wistle either...is that hereditary? mom and dad wistled...and I can't say the words "Go Gators" out loud...

angie128 said...

Bing -- no cartwheel for me either. Although I would attempting one and THINK I was doing it. Not so much....

Connie -- Funny about the Gators. You also can't spell whistle.

Momma Roar said...

HAHA - I cannot dive either - I was a Phys Ed teacher and in college we had to take a swimming class - it was AWFUL. After I got totally freaked upon trying to dive, the professor let me stop for the day!! LOL!!

Anywho...just stopping by to say thanks for your comment on the prayer blog. It is so nice to hear from people who find it. I'm certainly not looking for comments, but I like to hear from visitors and yes, I do plan to continue it in the new year!! Thanks!

Leigh Ann