Thursday, July 23, 2009

At the Ballpark

Family night out at the baseball game Monday night gave us these lovely moments...

I got on the jumbo screen! Yes, that was me!! And contrary to what you may have heard, I was *NOT* dancing to Twist and Shout. I did not twist. Or shout. I was just clapping wildly. But it worked. And earned me five seconds of fame. On the big screen. And I'm glad I had on some lip gloss.

There was a lady a few rows in front of us who turned around talked to the people right behind her the entire game. They were all together - she knew them. But she talked to them the entire game. No, seriously -- The. Entire. Game. "So I gave my computer to my mom and dad....and mom took a class....and now she knows more than I do.....And once we drove TO and FROM St. Louis in ONE DAY....how stupid was that....and we can't do those kinds of things anymore.....This time of year makes my skin SO DRY.....So I just went straight to her house and told her I would help with the kids.....Well, we had that problem when we lived in Texas......"

People will do anything to get a free t-shirt that has an oil change place logo on it. Honestly people, have you no dignity?

Daughter: "Why did papa get a brand new bag? Did his other one have a hole in it?"

I may or may not have yelled THATWASASTRIKE!! really loud in the bottom of the 6th.

Approximately 80 year old lady behind us when the other team scored a double play on us: "Well, that just looked like poop." You tell 'em lady.

A late rally in the 9th - which is always most exciting - wasn't enough to earn the home team a win - which is always not exciting.

And it was fun. And the weather was great. And the game was good. Even though we lost. And a good time was had by all. Amen.

5 Wanna' ramble too?:

beckyjomama said...

Love the old lady one ... too cute

Kearsie said...

This is just to show you how faithful of a Beef I am, because me and sports are like peanut butter and salad dressing. We just don't go together. But I am commenting anyways.

angie128 said...

And I am a faithful BFF because I will still be your BFF even though you don't like sports. Because I. Love. Sports.

tonya said...

I had a great time in Memphis at a work outing to a Redbirds game. We should go to more local games here with the kids

angie128 said...

It is a first class stadium and a real jewel to our city. We love going down there.