Monday, August 17, 2009

Big Day

Today is the first day of school.

There.

I said it without crying.

I always get a bit weepy on the first day of school.

OK, so I cry on the last day of school too.

I am excited about what this year holds for my children.

Jordan faces the biggest change of all. 7th grade. SEVENTH GRADE. Yes, I have a junior high school student. *sniff* She is now not just in a whole new building. She is on a whole new CAMPUS. 7th through 12th are all in one building. New challenges coming our way. A whole new everything. I'm really excited for her.

Cooper starts 2nd grade. Surely there is a mixup somewhere in the records office.....That can't be right.

Pass the kleenix.

Time flies. My babies grow.

I'm heading to 7th Grade Parent Orientation all day today. Hope there's no test. Wish me luck.

It's the First Day of School!

3 Wanna' ramble too?:

JuJu said...

Oh, I always get weepy too. Why is that?

I hope it's a great year for both of them! I can't wait to hear about all the adventures!

Kearsie said...

My Emma is in 2nd grade now too. My youngest is in K5 which means all day school, not just little kid 1/2 day school.

We didn't cry.

But, yesterday at church, Addie went to Big Kid Church for the first time. We got a little weepy at how excited she was. And the fact that our days of standing in line in the nursery are over.

*sniffle*

Miss Mandy said...

I'm gonna cry this year too. But not cuz they're leaving...because we're going to homeschool this year. What was I thinking?