Wednesday, September 23, 2009

Happy Fall Y'all

Yesterday was the first day of Fall. Although all the rain we've had makes it seem like spring. Oh, and the muggy temps make it feel like summer. But officially, it is Fall.

I love, love, love this season.

I did put some fallish flowers in the basket on my front door last weekend. That has been the extent of my welcome to Fall. Welcome Fall! Here are some pretty orange & yellow flowers and some golden leafy things with a few fake acorns stuck in there too for good measure. Maybe this weekend I'll drag all my fall decorations out. Then again, maybe I won't. Who really knows. It's too early to commit to weekend plans. Other than football. I will always commit to football. Always.

Sorry - I digress. What were we talking about? Oh yes. Fall. Hello Fall. You have shown up on the calendar. But you have not shown up outside.

Here are some of my favorite things about Fall...We'll call this Angie's Favorite Things About Fall. With Bullets.

  • watching the leaves change colors
  • crisp morning temps
  • sweaters
  • long afternoon shadows
  • pumpkins
  • fall colors
  • scarves
  • football
  • hoodies
  • soups & chili
  • scarves - yes I mentioned them twice because they are worthy to be praised
So, even though the temps are in the mid-80's and the rain is still in the forecast UNTIL SATURDAY. (Seriously Weatherman, enough already.), we can pretend it's fall. I might even turn my A/C down a little bit and put some chili on the stove.

In the meantime, you can find me on the bleachers in some high school gym watching a volleyball game.....

3 Wanna' ramble too?:

JuJu said...

I love your list. Can I add bonfires to it?

angie128 said...

Wait - are you saying you are going to set my list on fire? Or are you saying you like bonfires and want to put them on the list. Because I do not recall seeing any mention of arson on your 100 things list yesterday.....

Kearsie said...

I shall make you a scarf to add to your collection.