Monday, September 7, 2009

It's Labor Day

While I have the day off from my labor (at least my PAID labor), I will talk about my OTHER labor......


Here's a little Labor Day meme for you...

How long was your labor?
Jordan - 19 hours. I was in labor all night long. She was born at 8:18 am on a Monday morning in April.

Cooper - 18 hours (well, they do say your second child comes faster). Once agin, a night of labor. He arrived at 9:56 am on a June Thursday.


How did you know you were in labor?
Jordan - It was a Sunday afternoon in April and started having contractions at a friend's baby shower. I thought it would be rude for my water to break during somebody else's baby shower....I went home and waited for the Captain to come home from work to get me. While I waited, I watched this new, and relatively unknown, golf phenom named Tiger Woods win the Masters.

Cooper - I was at work and started timing contractions during a meeting on a hot Wednesday in June. The Captain was on a high-profile security detail and had to wait on some relief before he could head home to get me.


Drugs?
Jordan - Ummmm, yes please.

Cooper - See above.

C-section?
Jordan - Nope

Cooper - Almost. He was face up and his chin was getting hung on my pelvis. I was trying to get him out. He was TRYING to get out. But to no avail. I'll spare you the details, but let's just say the doctor took care of everything and no c-section was needed.

Results?
Jordan - 9 lb., 14 oz.

Cooper - 8 lb., 12 oz.

Yes, both of my kids came out smoking their own cigars. "Formula? We don't need no stinking formula! Give us a cheeseburger!"

Jordan had a head full of hair. Cooper didn't see hair until he was almost a year old.

And, for the record, we didn't find out either time what we were having.....




Happy Labor Day people. Hope your day is filled with some rest from whatever kind of labor you are experiencing.

5 Wanna' ramble too?:

JuJu said...

I love it. Thank you for such a fun post.
And, those babies were HUGE. Girl, how can you walk today? :-)

connie said...

Four hours and 2 hours...I know you hate me...

angie128 said...

Yes, you still had lipstick on....

I felt the need to visit with every shift of the hospital....twice....

Jessica said...

Awww, thanks for the baby posts! I'm all about all things baby right now! My older sis had really long labors, too! Connie--I'm praying it's a second child thing to go quickly :)

Jordan said...

I was a fat baby!!