Wednesday, December 2, 2009

Miscellany

I can't get any pictures to upload to my computer, so instead of a post loaded with great photos, you get a big blah blah blah post today. You're welcome.

What's wrong with my camera? I can see the pictures on my camera, but then the camera doesn't do anything when I plug it into the computer. Bah.

The Hogs are coming to Memphis to play in the Liberty Bowl which brings me great joy.

This Saturday is the last full day of real, regular season college football. I could cry.

I am varying between feelings of "I have my Christmas shopping under control" and "Oh my goodness, I'm so behind on my Christmas shopping." I prefer Feeling #1.

However, I did wrap some presents last night. Are you impressed?

And, since we did Thanksmas with the Captain's family last weekend, I'm actually half way finished anyway.

Maybe I'm in better shopping shape than I thought I was.

I quit sending Christmas cards six years ago. My life became much simpler when I did that. It just got to be too much work. And money. And pressure. For the perfect picture. And the perfect card. I just got way over it.

Can you believe in 29 days it will be 2010? That sounds so futuristic doesn't it? Where does the time go? Remember when we were fretting over Y2K? That was 10 years ago. TEN YEARS. I also remember singing along "tonight we're gonna' party like it's 1999" ... and THAT seemed so distant. Feeling old here.

I work with a gal who went to WalMart on Black Friday at 3am to buy a trampoline. Why does that crack me up?

A big round of nutty applause to Bingmama who actually used a neti pot this week. I think it is both gross and hilarious at the same time. She would not let me video her experience. Some friend she is. I was just certain it would make most excellent blog fodder. She did not agree.

OK people. That's all I've got today. Have a lovely day. Even though the weather outside may be frightful.

2 Wanna' ramble too?:

JuJu said...

Trampoline. Walmart. 3AM.
Yep.

w said...

a neti pot sounds thrilling and horrifying. all at the same time. i need to google that.