Tuesday, January 19, 2010

If it rains, my laundry will get wet. And so will my son's room.

Yeah, so the dryer did bite the dust.

But the Captain tried valiantly to fix it.

He took it all apart. Did you know a dryer can sit in 354,981 pieces in your garage? Yes, it can.

He went to get a new part. And then put it all back together. But it still didn't work.

So I put all our wet clothes outside on the patio furniture to dry in the sun. Just call me Ma Ingalls. Later I churned some butter and took the wagon up to Olson's Mercantile for provisions.

The Captain went to buy a new dryer.

In the middle of all this, we had a small amount of teenage girl drama since we had four teenage girls in the house for a "We don't have school on Monday can everybody in the universe spend the night with me?" party.

While the Captain was going to return the part that didn't work and then pick up the new dryer, I got a call from Jordan who was crying hysterically a little upset because she thought somebody was trying to break in the house.

She had also called Connie who was on her way over. And who actually thought she was being set up for a surprise party. Even though it wasn't her birthday. Or nowhere near her birthday. So why would we have a surprise birthday party for her at 3pm on a Monday 13 weeks away from her birthday. Guess it would really be a surprise.

Anyhoo, it wasn't any sort of home invasion. It was my neighbor checking on Jordan and trying to let us know about this...


Which is also called "Two neighborhood boys playing golf in their backyard using a real golf ball which met Cooper's bedroom window with incredible speed."

FORE!!

And yes, it's a double paned window. And yes, glass goes everywhere when something like that happens. Everywhere.

So I spent my evening cleaning up teeny tiny glass shards out of pirate ships and dump trucks.

And the Captain went to his mother's house to wash & dry school uniforms and police uniforms. Cause she is still in the hospital. Oh I forgot to tell you. Her appendix ruptured two weeks ago. But she didn't go to the hospital until last week. Yeah, you read that right. That's another blog post all together.

My grand plans of cooking a nice Monday night dinner turned into "There's frozen pizza in the oven." and "Please don't walk in Cooper's room barefooted."

But today I should have a working dryer. Hooray!

And soon I'll have a brand new window. But I hope it's real soon since I actually just heard The Weather Guy use the words "There's a rain maker moving in." and "Tomorrow will be a soggy day." *sigh*

So, how was your Monday?

6 Wanna' ramble too?:

w said...

you could have come over here and dried your clothes.

also. let's throw connie's surprise birthday party over at my house.

do you know which boys played golf with your window? i don't want them near my house.

MOM said...

I know she is funny, but,she is not making this up. It really happened. Also, yesterday was not a good day for me,Connie, my brother or my aunt. It can only get better.

Momma Roar said...

The dryer, your son's window ...

when it rains, it pours.


Must be the week for laundry room appliances - my mother in law's washer bit the dust bunny this week too. I wish mine would - I'd really adore a front load washer!

JuJu said...

I'm so impressed that you even attempted to dry the clothes outdoores. I'm not sure my limited mind would have even gone there!
I'm glad no one was hurt by the golf ball. Although, you didn't say what happened to the neighbor kids??? :-)

Lisa Smith said...

I needed to read this. I've had days like that. When I got my new dryer it made it all good because it dries clothes the first time!! and they come out wrinkle free!!

Kearsie said...

I went two years drying laundry outside. I refer to that period as my "stiff clothes" era. Except for underwear. Those I just draped around the house.

I shall do a "don't rain" dance for you.