Thursday, January 14, 2010

My latest addiction...

Hi, my name is Angie. And I'm a WordsWithFriends-aholic.


It's kind of like Scrabble.
That you play on your iPhone.
With another person.
And you take turns trying to spell words using all your letters.
And it is highly addictive.

Seriously people.

I can't quit playing it.

Can't. Quit.

I may need some intervention.

Because when I just typed "quit", I got excited about using the "Q" because it's 10 points people!

And if I played my letters right - using triple letter and triple word squares it could be 99 points!!

Anybody want any issues? I have plenty.

Seriously people. I'm the craziest person you know. Trust me on this.


I have turned the Captain on to this game.
Which is quite an accomplishment.
Because he doesn't like word games.

But we are like Papaw and Mamaw.
Sitting across from each other in the den.
Or laying in the bed.
Trying to outdo each other with our cleverness.
He will enter his word and immediately scream,
"IT'S YOUR TURN!"

I think he has utilized the cheater page.
Because he has been known to use such words as
micron,
and hosta,
and glimed.

Hummph.


I have also turned Bingmama on to the game.

The other day she played the word "beluga".

BELUGA? Hello?

"It's a type of caviar," she said proudly.

"Oh I am very aware of what it is. I just don't think you came up with that word on your own."

"OK, OK. I used the cheater page. But I really don't view it as cheating. I view it as an open book test."

And she promptly entered another word which is always top-of-mind ... "fedora".

Later she beat me.

And she says even after she CHEATED, after she won, that it was because she played "Lord" and "amen" in the same game.

Whatever.

That's between you and your Maker.



Wanna' play?

I'm angie128.


P.S. Don't forget to enter my giveaway!!

8 Wanna' ramble too?:

Momma Roar said...

I'd be totally addicted to something like that - so I suppose it is a good thing I don't have an iPhone!

JuJu said...

I totally understand. I've been known to read the Scrabble Dictionary, just to find more two letter words.

Good luck beating those cheaters!! :-)

Kearsie said...

I feel semi-special. Because I play you already.

Just Mom said...

Oh, thank goodness I don't have an iPhone. If I did, I'd be addicted to that as well.

w said...

i totally want to play. but i don't have an iphone. so. that's sad.

maybe you could just fly down here and we can play real scrabble. then you could leave. i'm not really up for overnight visitors.

still. woohoo!

connie said...

I wish I could play too...but I have one of those phones that you just talk to people on. Blah. And. I thought "beluga" was a whale...

KaseysKrazyMommy said...

I LOVE Words With Friends... I'll have to look you up :)

KaseysKrazyMommy said...

p.s. I don't cheat ;)