Friday, January 15, 2010

Cracking up at the Crack up

Captain (as I was leaving for work): Bye. Have a good day.

Me:
Will you just meet me at Lake S. (local "behavioral health facility") or are you going to ride with me in the ambulance?

Captain: *sigh*

Me:
Oh wait - will I go in an ambulance or a squad car?

Captain: Depends on your condition at the time. You are a special case (This is where he started laughing - which I thought was pretty inconsiderate considering I was cracking up and all) -- You are a special case -- in more ways that one.

Me:
If I go in a squad car, would I have to ride in the back or could I ride in the front?

Captain: Again, depends on your condition. We may be able to work something out so you could avoid the trip to the hospital and just go straight to Lake S.

Me:
That would be nice.

Captain: *silence*

Me:
This is going to put you in an awkward situation -- when I call dispatch and all to tell them I'm cracking up. And then you and your guys will have to come get me. And that could just get a little weird.

Captain: Yeah, it could be a bit embarrassing for me.

Me:
I'm sorry about all that. Wait - would I call or should somebody else call for me? Should Bingmama call? Or should she just call your cell? Maybe we can just send you a text.

Captain:
Go to work.

Me:
See you at Lake S.

4 Wanna' ramble too?:

Christy said...

Hi Angie... Thanks for dropping by my blog and leaving a comment so that I could come visit yours! I haven't heard of the ice cubes being flushed down the toilet before but I know my boys will probably love that idea!

Have a great day!

Kearsie said...

You're cracking up? I've got some tape. It taste real good. Especially when I put paperclips in my ears and say the word "badonkadonk" over and over.

...I might be cracking up too. Badonkadonk.

w said...

what if. what if you're already at lake s. and all this - all this is your over-active imagination.

be well.

Momma Roar said...

LOL!! Lost it at W's comment :-D